Saturday, January 5, 2013

Full Review of Seven-Degrees


Seven-Degrees was our ultimate wedding reception venue.  There’s nothing but praise I have to say about the Seven-Degrees team.  It was an amazing dream come true to be able to have our wedding reception at Seven-Degrees.  Seven-Degrees was only our second venue that we visited and we know from the second we stepped foot on the venue that we just had to have our wedding reception at this location.  My husband and I were impressed by the modern and contemporary feel of the venue.  It’s located in a hidden spot on Laguna Canyon road and from the outside, you may not think there’s anything special with the location but once you start stepping in and noticing the details, the architecture, and the layout, you know how special the venue really is.  The modern and artsy theme fit well with the feel of our wedding.  When we left there from our visit and tour, my husband and I couldn’t stop thinking about Seven-Degrees and all that the venue had to offer for a wedding reception.  We were blown away and the more we thought about the place, the more we realized we needed to have our reception there.  The tour we had just impressed the heck out of us.  It is such a versatile location and you can treat it as a blank canvas to do anything you want there with your reception.  At the same time, they have all of the state-of-the-art technology that is ready to be incorporated into your reception to make the end result out-of-this-world.  There are so many different layers and textures within the venue itself which makes for an awesome time and great photographs.  You have endless opportunities to be creative with this space for your event. 

When we were ready to get serious to discuss packages and price quotes, the director of the venue, Dora Wexell, was so pleasant to work with.  She understood our budget constraints and worked within our parameters and needs to get to a mutual price quote and package that worked for us.  There were several revisions to the price quotes but she continued to listen to our concerns and answer our questions so that we can feel comfortable.  In the end, all of the communication, effort, and revisions paid off when we were able to get to a package that suited our needs and worked with our budget.  Yes, there were definitely some give and takes and compromises but it all ended up working out in order to be able to have our wedding celebration at this amazing venue.

The entire team was amazing and helpful for the most part.  All parts from the beginning with Dora, to the payment details, through the elaborate process of planning the actual event were organized, efficient, and productive.  The entire team was completely professional and their only mission is to make sure that you get the event of your dreams.  They stayed focus on moving the process along to make sure that we were prompt with the planning timeline and reached the desired end result.  Each member of the team was professional and talented in their skills to help make this process transpire.  The only constructive feedback that I have would be that I felt the receptionist and my event coordinator could have been more approachable, relatable, and warm in their interactions (i.e. lack of smiles, etc).  No doubt they were talented and skilled in getting to the end result but I felt that the approach was stiff, rigid, and just strictly business throughout the process.  It was just missing a little bit of that fun element as the planning ensued.  Despite this, I had no qualms or concerns about the actual quality of the planning and communication they provided.  Despite this, they still bended over backwards to meet your needs and expectations.  Only towards the end did I feel like my coordinator was more warm and relatable.  I wasn’t really concerned about this style but rather, it was just something that I noticed and maybe it’s just her personality.  All in all, the big day was amazing and something to remember forever all thanks to the hard work that their team carried out.  I loved that the coordinator was strictly assigned to make sure everything ran smoothly on the big day.  I was glad that I didn’t need to hire an outside coordinator because Seven-Degrees took care of everything. 

Even after the wedding, Seven-Degrees continued to blow me away.  Unfortunately, I experienced a difficult ordeal with my wedding photographer and photos.  As a result, I decided to have a one-year anniversary wedding do-over photo shoot.  We decided to go back to Seven-Degrees to have the photo shoot at the venue again.  (I loved having an excuse to return to the place I loved so much).  When I made Dora aware of what I was looking for, she was completely welcoming and flexible in allowing us to return to the venue to do the photo shoot.  I am so thankful that she was so accommodating especially after the sensitive circumstances I battled that got me to that point. 

Seven-Degrees completely exceeded all of my expectations.  All of my guests were also blown away with how the reception turned out.  It definitely made way for a unique, creative, and innovative event.  I will forever be in debt and thankful to Seven-Degrees for just making my wedding dreams come true.  I will always have warm memories of my experience planning my wedding reception with Seven-Degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment